Soper Public Schools
Soper Board of Education
Schedule of Meetings for 2017-2018
Unless otherwise specified in the agenda,
all meetings will take place at 7:00 p.m. in the
FCCLA Rm. 901 St. Louis St. Soper, OK 74759
November 28, 2017
December 17, 2017
January 23, 2018
February 20, 2018
March 13, 2018
April 17, 2018
May 22, 2018
June 19, 2018
July 24, 2018
August 21, 2018
September 18, 2018
October 23, 2018
November 13, 2018
December 11, 2018
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive a copy each month of the agenda in your email.
SOPER BOARD OF EDUCATION
100 ST. LOUIS STREET
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
As required by Section 311, Title 25 of the Oklahoma Statutes, notice is hereby given that the Board of Independent School District No. 4, Choctaw County, Oklahoma, will hold a board meeting on Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at the Soper Library of Soper Public Schools, 100 St. Louis St., Soper, Oklahoma.
NOTE: Soper Board of Education may discuss, make motions, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, or decide not to discuss any item on the agenda.
1. Call meeting to order and record those present and determine if a quorum is present.
2. Determine if agenda was posted in due time and approve the minutes of the June 19, 2018 School Board Meeting.
3. Welcome visitors and comments.
4. Principal’s report
a. Tina Jeffreys
b. Parker Harless
5. Board vote to approve/disapprove encumbrances and warrants.
6. Consent Agenda: The consent agenda consists of discussion, consideration, and approval of the following fundraiser agenda items. (Items may be done with one motion, second, and vote).
• FFA Shop Projects
• FFA Rodeo
• FFA Rodeo Program Ad Sales
• FFA Rodeo Queen Contest
• Blue and Gold Sausage and Other Sales
• Donkey Ballgame
• Candy, Jewelry, Candle, Donut, Pizza, and Ets. Sales
• T-shirt and Jacket Sales
• Fireworks Sales
• Yearbook Ad Sales
• Favorite Picture Sales for Yearbook
• Halloween Festival
• Elementary Basketball Game
• Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, and Golf fundraiser games
• Meals by Ball Teams or Other Organizations
• Valentine Fundraiser
• School Dance
• Car Wash
• Top Shoot
• Superintendent can approve other fundraisers on an as needed or emergency bases.
7. Board vote to approve/disapprove Soper Student Handbook for the 2018-2019 school year.
8. Vote to approve/disapprove using 1080 hours in place of 180 days for the 2018-2019 school year.
9. Vote to approve/disapprove Activity Fund transfer(s).
10. Vote to approve/disapprove ROSS Transportation Contract.
11. Vote to approve/disapprove amendments to administration contracts.
12. Vote to approve/disapprove assistant basketball coach extra duty contract.
13. Purchase requests.
14. New Business.
Name of person posting this notice:
Dr. Scott Van Worth
Posted this 18th day July, 2018 at 12:00 p.m., at the entrance to the main building of Soper Public School, 100 St. Louis St., Soper, Oklahoma.
Angie Dancer…………..… President
Shawn Scott......………… Vice-President
Robert Spalding..……... Clerk
Arlis Young ………….…... Member
Gaylen Branton..….…... Member